Our Petit Verbier nannies are experts in entertaining non-skiing children in Verbier, here are five of their hot tips for fun activities other than skiing in Verbier.
1) Sledging (there are special sledges that you can rent for babies with a harness), a snowman building competition and snowballs either in your garden or on Les Esserts.
2) A snowy walk with a hot chocolate treat at the end, we can rent you a rucksack for carrying an infant or toddler (for example La Marlenaz the dog walkers favourite www.marlenaz.ch)
3) The childrens playpark (located behind the post office – there’s always something not snowed under and a real sun trap)
4) The sports centre – ice skating or swimming always popular with little ones.. or have a go at ice hockey for slightly bigger ones (opening times available at centre-sportif-Verbier.ch)
5) Indoor climbing wall – In the Medran lift station building there are several climbs with auto-belays, rent the harness from the desk, attach it tightly, clip on and off they go (my 5 year old son loves this.. well the abseiling down part, the climb up is just a means to an end!)^
These are all cheap, fun things to do in Verbier. In the next blog post I’ll up the budget a bit!
Lucy, Sarina and all the nannies at Petit Verbier